Mr. Dean is an experienced land surveyor specializing in boundaries.
As a businessman with an MBA with an emphasis on Marketing and Management Mr. Dean has been self-employed as a land surveyor after having benefited from the excellent tutelage of several experts in the profession, including the following:
- Robert Bozon Alderton, (deceased), past Executive Secretary of the Australian Institute of Surveyors;
- Romanso E. Ware, former Douglas County Surveyor in Oregon, past P.L.S.O. Surveyor of the Year;
Mr. Dean has successfully completed a wide range of projects with a variety of challenging boundary problems, including the following:
- North Bonneville, WA – Riparian boundaries and obliterated Donation Land Claim corners; the survey was audited and accepted by the US Department of the Interior in an official dependent resurvey.
- Ridgefield, WA – Obliterated Donation Land Claim corners;
- Bohemia Mountain, Cottage Grove, OR – Obliterated Mineral Survey corners;
- Steamboat, OR – Obliterated Homestead Entry Survey corners;
- Lakeview, OR – Obliterated Public Land Survey System corners;
- Washougal, WA – National Scenic Area boundary using GPS derived elevations corrected to USGS benchmarks. The survey was audited and accepted by the US Forest Service as marking the official boundary;
- Kalama, WA – Retracing old Town Plats and vacated streets.
- Vancouver, WA – Expert witness for resolution of various boundaries and rights of way disputes.
Mr. Dean always values thorough research on every project, big or small. He has used resources such as the Sandpoint records archives in Seattle, Clark County Museum, Washington State Archives, US Army Corps of Engineers field offices, Bonneville Power Administration, timber companies, local surveyors’ records, County Public Works Archives, WSDOT, etc. To ensure the rectitude of his analyses he researches similar cases at law libraries or through his on-going continuing education. Mr. Dean has developed a reputation for thorough, well-considered reasoning leading to supportable, documented maps and detailed reports.
Robert G. Dean
Bachelor of Surveying, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia.
Post-graduate course work (1 year) University of Oregon, Planning Public Policy and Management.
Master of Business Administration, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah.
Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honor Society.
Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society.
Washington Licensed Foster Parent, 2004 to 2013.
President Lower Columbia Chapter Land Surveyors Association of Washington, 2011.
Board of Trustees, Land Surveyors Association of Washington, 2010 to 2012.
Naturalized US citizen, April.
Adjunct professor of Land Surveying, Clark College, Spring 2007.
Vancouver Community Theatre, “A Midsummer Night’s Dream-Egeus,” 2003.
President-elect Midwest Chapter Professional Land Surveyors of Oregon.
Planning Commission, City of Myrtle Creek, Oregon..
South Carolina PS 31968
Oregon LS 1808
California L 6001
Utah LS 10971 (lapsed)
Washington PLS 29959
Oregon Certified Water Rights Examiner 347WRE (lapsed)
Ashtech GPS basic and advanced training seminars
Certification in CPR and First Aid, and Flagging and Traffic Control
Member Land Surveyors Association of Washington.
Member Professional Land Surveyors of Oregon
Associate North Carolina Society of Surveyors
Evergreen State Surveyor, Summer 2008, “Right of Entry?”
Evergreen State Surveyor, Fall 2010, “Putting Rules in Context.”
Evergreen State Surveyor, Fall 2012, “Not So!! Why do Surveyors Disagree.”
Linkedin, “Whistle Blowing?”
- President of Dean Surveying, Inc., a land surveying practice in Vancouver, WA, August 1994 to October, 2013.
- Adjunct professor of Land Surveying, Clark College, Spring 2007.
- Land surveyor for Mackenzie Engineering in Portland, OR.
- Land surveyor for MacKay and Sposito, Inc. in Vancouver, Washington.
- Project Field Supervisor for Clark County Surveyor’s Office GPS Project
- Land surveyor for Minister and Glaeser Surveying, Inc. in Vancouver, Washington.
- Sole Proprietor of Cottage Grove Land Surveying, a land surveying practice in Cottage Grove, Oregon.
- Crew-chief and office man for private engineering and land surveying practices in Roseburg, Oregon.
- Highway Engineer’s Aid Oregon Department of Transportation, Roseburg, OR.
- Crew-chief for large metropolitan surveying firms in Sydney, Australia.